So much so that I almost always make it a point to stop by the Korean restaurant whenever I'm in the city to get my much needed Bibimbap (stone pot rice with veggies, egg and beef). But the best thing about Korean food has definitely got to be their side dishes! When I used to go to the restaurants in Houston, we'd have at least 5 to 6 different side dishes, refillable! Yummm!
And a favourite is always the fish cakes... spicy or sweet. Delicious!
So I found a recipe and tweaked it to my advantage and it came out exactly how I wanted it to be! :D
Korean Fish Cake
"I'm not a fish lover, but Definitely a Fish Cake lover!"
1 Package fish cakes (Frozen, 14oz)
1 Onion, sliced
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 clove shallot, chopped
2 tbs olive oil/cooking oil
2 tbs Gojuchang
2 tbs Cooking wine
2 tbs Soy sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
2 tbs Brown sugar
3 tbs water
Green onion & Sesame seed (garnish)
1. Slice fish cakes into small strips lengthwise and cut in half
2. Slice onions, roughly chop garlic and shallots
3. Heat olive oil in pan, toss in onions, garlic and shallots, stir
4. Toss fish cakes in and stir for 2 mins or so..
5. At the same time, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and stir it into the pan
6. Toss the fish cakes, and make sure every one is coated with sauce, add some water and stir for 3 more minutes.
7. Turn off heat, garnish with green onions and sesame seed and serve.
8. VOILA! :D Dig in!
Note: Eat it when its hot, or cold - it's delicious either way! haha.. I can just eat this as a meal, it's soo good! Try it! :)