Friday, January 8, 2010

O' My Buns!

... indeed so. *grinn*

The last time I went back to Malaysia with the family, I made a list of all the different kinds of food I wanted to eat. The ones at the top were mainly junk food, street food and of course, seafood!

Around that time, the craze for butter buns (bwhahaha..) seemed to spread like wildfire, and I found myself standing in line buying these yummy deliciousness at every mall trip! The francise name is Roti Boy, and it's really a simple butter bun with a crisp coffee topping..

And then recently a friend told me that they sell it by the dozens here in the US, most commonly known as the Mexican bun.. hmm.. Who knew?

Well, a branch from Roti Boy (called O' My Buns) mysteriously showed up in Dallas, and when Kelly came to stay she brought me 2! Yummers! :) Scrumpdiddlyumtious!

So out of curiousity, I looked up "Roti Boy recipe", and House of Annie's has this amazing recipe as well as step by step pictures on how to make it from scratch!


Future baking adventure?? I think so!

Italic

"Well now, who is going to eat this loaf of bread?" asked the little red hen.
"I will", said the duck.
"I will", said the pig.
"I will", said the cat.
"Oh no you won't", said the little red hen. "I am going to eat it myself."
Then she called all her little chicks together and they ate the whole loaf of bread. Not a crumb was left for the duck, pig or cat.

1 comment:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

I'll help you eat those buns!

Thanks for the link back.